Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Love Story - Part Five

Xander was disgusted with himself. He had spent four years helping his best friend shamelessly chase one guy after another. He couldn't believe he had sunk so low. All he knew was that he would do anything to see her happy. But all these games only made her more miserable. He had to do something.

As they sat in her room with their stack of envelopes looking through acceptance letters, he noticed that they all got into the same schools. Most were top of the Ivy league, but with the opening of each happy letter, her face turned more sad.

"How will I ever pay for these schools? I don't know if I can even get a scholarship. Half the ones I applied for turned me down and the other half barely cover the cost of books. I guess they figure I have money somehow." Adrianne was upset beyond consoling.

At that moment, Xander knew what he must do. She would never know about his gift to her, but it would be worth it to see her happy.

"I'm sorry - you must excuse me. I have some family business to attend to." And with that, he exited the room to put his plan in to action.

No comments: